Born in St.-Petersburg in 1992, Ionella Marinutsa is a Paris-based professional harpist, regularly performing in Europe and in her home country Russia.
She has collaborated as a soloist with several orchestras such as the symphony orchestra of the Sorbonne University, the philharmonic orchestras of Samara, Yekaterinburg, Volgograd, Togliatti among many others. As an orchestral musician, Ionella often plays with the "Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France".
She is a major prizewinner in international harp competitions, including First Prize of the 89th International Leopold Bellan Competition (France), the Special Jury Prize of the Second International Harp Competition (Hungary), and the First Prize of the "Symphony" Competition (Russia).
In January 2017 she created a project of acoustic research of harp sounds in partnership with the Institute for Research and Coordination in Acoustics/Music (IRCAM), and the "ATIAM" course. The Institute is linked with the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris.
The harpist regularly gives recitals between others at the Salle Cortot in Paris. As a guest soloist she performed at the Debussy Festival in 2017, at the International Music Festival of Alba (Italy), and in 2018 she gave the world premiere of A. Girard's double concerto for violin and harp with the orchestra of the "CRR de Paris". The performances were a great success among the audience and were praised by local press.
Moreover, since 2015 Ionella is a soloist for the French association "Jeunes talents" (Young talents), as well as a soloist for the association "Saint-Petersburg Music House of Saint-Petersburg" since 2010.
She has graduated from the "Ecole Normale Paris A. Cortot" and the "Pôle Supérieur de Paris PSPBB" and today continues her studies at the Conservatoire National Supérieur in Paris (class of Isabelle Moretti) in the Master's programme.
Since 2018 Ionella Marinutsa is supported by "SAFRAN" Foundation in Paris.
Prizes - International Competitions
- 2015 – 1st Prize in the 89th Léopold Bellan International Music Competition (Paris).
- 2012 – 5th Prize in the «Crystal Key» International Harp Competition (Saint-Petersburg).
- 2010 – Special Prize for the best interpretation of Hungarian music in the 2nd International Harpist Competition in Hungary (Szeged).
- 2010 – 1st Prize in the 7th International «Symphony» Competition for Young Musicians (Volgograd).
- 2005 – 3rd Prize in the Open Competition for Young Violinists, Cellists and Harpists (Saint-Petersburg).
- 2003 – 2nd Prize in the Metropolitan Competition for Young Harpists (Saint-Petersburg).